1. Try to remove the public folders through the EMC. If this fails now it's time to get tough.
2. Open Exchange Management Shell and enter the following:
Get-PublicFolder -Server SERVERNAME "\" -Recurse -ResultSize:Unlimited | Remove-PublicFolder -Server SERVERNAME -Recurse -ErrorAction:SilentlyContinue
3. Next run this command:
Get-PublicFolder -Server SERVERNAME "\Non_Ipm_Subtree" -Recurse -ResultSize:Unlimited | Remove-PublicFolder -Server SERVERNAME -Recurse -ErrorAction:SilentlyContinue
4. Refresh the EMC and the public folders will be gone. If this does not work and you're fully sure you need them removed then this last step truly removes them from the environment. All that's left is to manually delete the files if needed.
- Connect to your DC.
- Open ADSIEDIT.MSC console and connect to configuration.
- Go to the following path.