Today I'm working a migration from SBS 2008 to SBS 2011. This error came up. In order to apply a fix I had to do some digging to get rid of this error. The new SBS 2011 VM could not become a domain controller until this was fixed so here's what I have done.
Once this process is done then click Yes on the prompt from the new SBS server. Replication will successfully complete and the setup of SBS 2011 will continue.
- Performing an authoritative restore:
1) Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
2) At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
net stop ntfrs
3) Click Start -> Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
4) Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NtFrs\Parameters\Backup/Restore\Process at Startup
5) Right-click the BurFlags entry, and then click Modify.
6) In the Value data box, type D4 and then click OK, on the File menu, click Exit.
7) At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
net start ntfrs