The event log gave error 1355. In order to fix it you need to do a non-authoritative restore of the SYSVOL folder. Just make a simple backup of it just in case from another good domain controller. Follow the steps below and for me it fixed it right away. There's no need to restart the server and I noticed the replication began and ran properly right away.
Here's the exact fix:
To back up and restore the SYSVOL data, follow these steps:
- Back up the following folders in a temporary location that is not in the SYSVOL folder:
Note To retain the permissions for these folders, back up these folders in a location that is on the same volume as the SYSVOL folder.
- Perform a non-authoritative restore on this replica set. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:net stop ntfrs
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NtFrs\Parameters\Backup/Restore\Process at Startup
- Right-click theBurFlagsentry, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type D2, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:net start ntfrs